Pik has a flexible model and puts you in control of how you charge for content & features on your site.
Our powerful tools and simple, thoughtfully designed APIs make it much easier to integrate Pik than a "payments only" solution and our unique invoicing model allows for casual purchases and low-commitment subscription options that aren't generally viable with other solutions.
Some examples — all needing little or no coding on your part — include:
- Selling daily access with no commitment (e.g. £1 for the day, just like a print newspaper!)
- Charging pennies to read an individual article (e.g. 15p per article)
- Selling bundles of articles (e.g. 5 articles for 50p)
- One-off payments or subscriptions for ad-free reading (e.g. £1.20/month to go ad-free)
- Premium site features (extra content, live chat with staff, subscriber tools, etc.) as a subscription (e.g. £30/year or £3/month)
- Selling specific content or downloads (e.g. £4 for full HD video download)
- …and almost anything else you can think of!
Pik handles all of the payments, customer accounts, and subscription lifecycle and renewals, etc. meaning that whatever model you choose, integration is always quick and painless.
You can mix and match as much as you like, for example offering some paywalled content alongside a cheaper ad-free option, and a premium membership that gives access to all articles and also removes advertising.
This flexibility allows you to experiment with approaches and find the balance of price and model that works for you and your readers.
- Coming soon: Pik integration guides